The function of the Photography professional is to capture images, analog or digital, of people, facts, objects and other subjects by means of lighting and framing techniques, with the use of cameras, lenses and films. His work demands not only technical mastery, but historical and artistic knowledge, sensitivity and critical density in the treatment of images.
If you enjoy being in contact with nature, happy moments and other events then this is definitely what you will like doing on a daily basis. You will definitely be able to thrive in this profession if you know how to find work and are not afraid to work in different places at the same time, as most Photography professionals work as freelancers.
Main areas of activity for Photography professionals:
|– Photojournalism– Fashion and decoration
– Advertising picture
– Portraits and events
– Communication agencies.
– Photographic and creative studios.
|– Advertising, marketing and branding agencies(construction work and brand management).
– Architecture and engineering agencies.
– Picture banks.
– Museums and galleries.
– Research institutes.
|– Search for photographic material.– Studio aid.
– Coverage of photographic events.
– Manipulation of images.
– Support in the production and adjustment of equipment.
– Assistance in the execution of the photos.
– Lighting assembly
Evolution of the profession
In photojournalism, as it acquires more experience and reputation, it adopts more complex and produced guidelines for special editions. You can reach editing positions. In the studio, the photographer goes from assistant to work coordinator. It is difficult to establish a period, because the evolution of the professional depends a lot on his individual talent and technical development.
This professional has been around for at least a couple hundred years, which means now it is possible to find plenty of opportunities in the market. If you have a keen eye on the world and would like to enjoy what it has to offer then you will definitely find yourself happy in Photography.
– The Photography professional must have initiative and be an entrepreneur, since the amount of work will depend on their network of relationship and their ability to find good opportunities. The more you work the more experience you get. Try to be involved in as many projects as you can, that way you will have experience with as many subjects as possible, making you a more complete professional in the Photography field of work.
– Being always updated with what happens in the area, visiting exhibitions and traveling helps to broaden the world view of the professional, which is reflected directly in the quality of their work. Make sure you are always up to date with the latest in the market trends that way you are always on top.
-It is also essential to always keep in touch with the newest trends and equipment. Investing some money in the profession is a must when it comes to Photography
Check out this link for more informations: http://docs.photrist.com/benefits-of-photrist